Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 22, 2008

November 22, 2008

My walker and my talker... What a crazy world it is...

Riley is officially walking! She started about 4 days ago and is all over the place. I love her new found independence. She is wobbly and walks a bit like a monkey but OMG is it CUTE!!!!

And Morgan is my talker, and what a smart little cookie this one is.. She says ya, momma, dudda, nonna, hi, uh-oh, sit, (although I still think it's sh*t lol) and the kicker is this cookie taught herself sigh language. YES real signs with real meaning.. I assume it is from us teaching Aiden and seeing us do them and his E.I. worker. One day I was talking to them all and asked if they wanted more. Aiden signs more a bit like a clap (open hands) but I know the difference between him saying more and clapping yay. Well when I asked the question Aiden aigned his version of "more" and then i asked the girls. Riley just looked at me like of course I want more and Morgan closed her hands and signed it. PERFECTLY!!!! Like a little pro.
The very next day I kept on it so she would keep the skill and out of the blue when she was all done she signed "all done" ! OK I was floored.. My one year old taught herself how to sign and did it like a pro. She knows, more, all done, and me.. As of just the other day both her and RIley can wave bye bye now too.. Something Aiden still doesn't do.. It's a trip to see all this, my brain is still in preemie land. Guess my preemies are growing up.

Now we just got to get Morgan to walk, and Riley to talk. Well i shouldn't say that, cause she does talk. She says momma, dudda, ya, and uh-oh, but she is in no way as vocial as Morgan. Morgan is just down right loud and has long conversations with who ever she can get to listen lol Ri is my quiet one (unless she is cranky) then there is no such thing as quiet with either one of them..

4 comments:

Rachel said...

it's so good to hear they are doing so well! post pics soon, i'd love to see your cuties!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Dominguez said...

They are growing so fast! Post some photo's soon, would love to see how big they are getting.

They are such beautiful girls.

Rachel

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I just love twins. Their development is so special. Watching them grow together, learn together and whatnot!

I agree with Rachel, waiting for pics!