Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November 27, 2007

Holy Weigh in Batman!!!

We had a pedi appt today and the girls weighed in at...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE..................... Morgan 10 pounds 7 ounces and 20 inches long Riley 10 pounds and 20 3/4 inches long...

I was shocked, they were just shy of 6 pounds a month ago and only 17 and 18 1/2 inches.. They are growing like weeds..
We also had the doc check Riley's ear, she has a bump that I was keeping an eye on and brought it to the doctor attention today. He said he thinks it is just a calcium deposit and nothing to worry about, so I will just watch it to see if it gets bigger. It doesn't seem to bother her so that is one good thing. We also had Riley's foot checked out. I had mentioned it to the pedi when I saw him last with Aiden but because Ri was not with there wasn't much he could go on.
I have noticed as she gets bigger the difference in her two feet is more noticeable. She has one foot that has a large gap between her big toe and the rest of her toes and the foot is thicker and wider in size. I also noticed today that she is flat footed (just on the funny foot) there is no arch but her other foot is fine.
The pedi looked and saw what I saw and wrote up a form to have it x-rayed. So after there appt we went over to the hospital to have it done. i didn't want to wait even though he said I can go at my convenience. I want to know right away in case there is anything we could or should be doing NOW while she is little. I've learned by past experience that time is important when you catch something early.
now can you imagine trying to x-ray a 2 month olds feet. They don't stay still and are always curling there toes when you touch them. So mommy got the idea to tape her foot to one of those things that look like big popsicle stick. It kinda worked, well good enough for them to get the x-ray they needed. They just didn't think Ri would be as strong as she was to keep riping her foot off the stick.. Haaa that's my girl..
As for Morgan.. She is doing fine, my little chubba has no current issues besides her hernia, but Ri also has one too. Ri's is not as big though.

Once I know more about the x-ray I will fill ya in, I plan on calling tomorrow to see if the doctor has looked at them. He should have received them 30 mins after we had them done. His office is closed at 4 and that would of been about 4:30 but I assume he'd still be there. I'll just call in the afternoon sometime and see what they say. Fingers crossed it's nothing major and can be corrected. I said today that Aiden went through enough for all my kids, at this point in time I think Aiden and the girls deserve a free ride..

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'll say a little prayer! What a great mama you are.

Jennifer said...

Good luck!

Arianna had something simliar with her right foot, the toes. They were all crammed up and folding over each other, but her left foot was fine. THey were similar sized but her toes were all wierd.

As she got older it self-corrected but I was really worried it would affect her walking.