Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

August 22, 2007

Well I just got back from the doctors and my appointment went well. Since there have been no changes to my cervix the last few times it was checked and now that I am 30 weeks as of tomorrow we didn't check it today.

As for the babies, well they are growing and growing. Today we took measurements of both of them. Morgan aka Baby A measured 3 pounds and Riley aka Baby B measured 3 pounds 3 ounces. This blows my mind still to think there is 6 pounds of baby in this belly right now and they more then doubled there weight since the last measurement at 24 weeks. Morgan was 1 lb 6 oz and Riley was 1 lb 7 oz, so in 6 weeks they more then doubled and I have 7 weeks to go before my C-section so they could be 6 pounds each if all goes well. That is 12 pounds of baby.. OMG!!!!
Thank god I am tall and have some meat on me cause if I was a tiny person I don't see them fitting in there lol. Also Riley is no longer head up feet down. They are both head down, feet up. I assumed she flipped cause one day she just felt weird and was in like a bowling ball position. It felt funny and I had this big hard ball then all of a sudden she was stretched out again and when she kicks I feel it up high and not down low.

My mom doesn't think I am going to make it til Oct 11th though. She thinks I am going to go earlier then that. Since I was a 32 weeker and my brother a 35 weeker (both with no issues) it seems preemies run in the family with us.

I however think I will make it to the 37 weeks and have the girls as scheduled on Oct 11th..
Either way, as long as they are healthy and ok then i will be happy. The last thing I want is for them to have to struggle like my little Aiden did, but just knowing that they are twice his weight and 6 weeks further along then he was is great news..

I see the midwife next in two weeks, then I believe I will be going every week until my C-section (the last 5 weeks)

It's the home stretch and it feels so weird to say that.. It feels even weirder to say I am going to have 3 children under the age of 2 VERY SOON... Actually under 18 months.. YIKES..

Makes me think of the family I watched on discovery health last night. She had a 3 yr old. 1 yr old quads, and was pregnant with quads again. They ended up losing one but in the end, now have 8 children under the age of 3... OMG!!! and they want at least 4 more... A 3 yr old four 16 month olds and three 1 month olds.. I think I'd go insane no matter if both my parents helped me every day like theres did.. I'd really need medication or a VERY VERY BIG HOUSE and paycheck... 500 diapers a week they use and 5 cans of formula, not to mention the baby food..

Sooo.. with that said, things could ALWAYS be crazier..

5 comments:

jenfrp said...

Um, hello! I just found your blog now. I have been missing out on all the fun over the last few months. I feel terrible. Anyway, I just read it form start to finish so I am all caught up. What else does a woman with a 21 month old and a 5 week old who is moving in 2 days have to do??? I needed to get caught up. You look so great Jess and I am so happy everything is going so well for you (besides the toes). You are going to be very busy but what a house full of love you will have. I look forward to the updates now that I found this. Are you still going to the same midwife who told you to gain 15-20 pounds with twins? I think she is off her rocker :) XOXOXOXOX Love: Jen in Canada

Miracles said...

This is such great news! 30 weeks, wow what I would have given to hit that mark. Sounds like everything is going so well for you guys. Don't worry about having so many little one's around you'll soon get use to it and love it!! I'll be checking in over the next 7 weeks to see how things are going and I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.
Shannon

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Such GREAT news...congrats on making it to the 30 week mark!

Take good care of yourself. Not much longer until the real fun begins!!!

Rachel said...

Hello,

I stubbled across your blog and was excited to see we have something in common. I have twin girls Reagan & Riley and they were due October 10, 2006. They came earily on September 10 and spent 10 days in the NICU for lung/breathing issues. They weighed in at Baby A 5lbs. 12oz. and Baby B 4lbs. 12oz. They will be a year old in a couple of weeks and are just so much!! Congratulations on your babies and I will keep you in my prayers.

Rachel

jenfrp said...

Time for an update sister!!!