Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13, 2008

COLIC............ It's the devil...
Anyone have any remedies or advice they can share. I thought at almost 4 months this would be done with but no such luck. The more I look up on the internet the more I read that colic babies seem to have there "colic fits" around the same time everyday. Well for us this has turned into the 4am to 8am shift. It's terrible and NO one gets any sleep since our apt is so small you hear everything. Morgan last night screamed so hard and so much that you would of thought someone was beating her. I feel so bad for her but I'm sure when I am running on an hours sleep and the fit starts I am not much help. I cuddle her and rock her and shhhush in her ear and it seems to help but not always and not for long. The second you calm her and settle her and go to put her down or try to get yourself in a comfy position so you can at least hold her for a while she freaks out again. Least night I was up til about 4:30am, Chuck got up and I went to bed and Morgan started and woke me up with her screams at 6. I held her and rocked her and soothed her the best I could til about 8 and then attempted to go back to bed. An hour later the same thing. Finally she calmed down and fell asleep at about 9:30 and the problem with this is she sleeps all day which makes me fear she will be up all night. I've even tried to wake her up evey hour and a half to brak up her sleep so she would be tired at night. Some times it works and other times it doesn't, but since she has been having these fits, she is hard to keep awake during the day cause she is so tired, not to mention that I am just exhausted and so is Chuck and we have Riley and Aiden to attend too.
So if anyone has any advice they can share I am more then willing to try it. She is on zantac for reflux and we also give me Mylicom for gas, they seem to help a lot but like I said the last few nights have been hell...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh gosh... no advice, but you have my sympathy. I feel so bad for you.

Have you tried putting her to sleep in a swing? When Arianna would be up all hours I would put her to sleep in a swing and she was usually pretty calm...

Nix said...

I also have twins who were both (very) prem and also have colic. I haven't found anything that works yet but if you get a hot tip I'd love to hear about it

Casey! said...

I suggest you contact Michelle from fourtimesthefun.blogspot.com
She's got a lot of health secrets up her sleeves and loves busting colic cases!
Give her a try!

CTMommie (Abby) said...

Found your blog from the Guinns. My daughter had reflux BAD! I finally got her on prevacid but the dr wanted me to try other things first. If what your babies are on isnt helping push for something stronger. she was better (no crying anymore) within a week. By the time she was 9 months old I weened her off of it. email if you want to chat more about it. hope this helps. abigailgb at snet dot net
abby