Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 15, 2008

Gripe Water to the rescue...

OK so this may just be that it doesn't work and Morgan is just feeling better, BUT a few people asked me to post if I found a remedy to this nasty colic... GRIPE WATER!!!!
I searched on line and read all this junk about how colic means a baby who sometimes cries for no reason, and that they usually grow out of it, and blah blah.. Not much helpful info really. Then I came across a site that talked about Gripe Water and how it helps with upset tummies, gas, and colic. Of course the site said that there brand was the only brand that really worked and it was about $28 for a 5 oz bottle. Well our walgreens sold a brand that was only $11 and I figured that I would try it. So tonight is night 3 and well it's too soon to say if she will sleep through the night. It's 1am and she could wake up any time and fuss so I'll keep my figures crossed but so far so good. The first night she did great. Woke up, ate, hung out for a little while and went back to sleep. last night the same and she had a mini episode of fussiness but not 4 hrs of painful, all out banchee screams! This afternoon she even got a little cranky and tight with gas and Chuck gave her some and within 15 mins she was happy again.
Ahhh a sigh, here is hoping this stuff works. She is also still takign the zantac that seems to be working well for the reflux. I haven't seen her have that look like it's coming back up (then goes back down) since the day after starting it.

We go back to the pedi on Feb 4th and I am hoping by then they will both be sleeping through the night, that this colic will be GONE, and the reflux still under control. Let's cross our fingers.

1 comment:

hallegracesmama said...

Hi, I think I commented on Aiden's blog way back when he was in the NICU. Today someone pointed me to your twin blog and I am SO glad to read of your PAP success story! My DD was born at 23w5d (she just turned three) and we are 9weeks pregnant with twins. Thank you for sharing this story and offering some hope to us!