Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 23, 2007

April 23, 2007

Day 3 and it's so much better. I'm still not 100% but way better then I was the first night.
The surgery itself was a piece of cake. I felt nothing. And when I say nothing I mean NOTHING! They had started and were working on me for about 10 mins and I didn't even know.

It did however take about 5 hours for the spinal to wear off. Unsually it's about 2 and a half I guess for some people but who knows maybe they gave me a bit extra cause I was numb for a while.

I finally got to come home at about 6pm and when I left there the pain on a scale of 1 to 10 was about a 3 or 4. A few hours after being home it was about a 6 and by bed time a 8 or higher. With no pain meds it made for a very uncomfortable and sore night with (I'll admit) some tears. All they gave me was 800 mg motrin which to be honest did nothing. I took them in hope it would help but the pain over road every feeling I had. It really was not a fun or good night. The next day I was still uncomfortable and it still hurt but by late afternoon as long as I could find a position in bed and stay still the pain was so much better.

I know the doctor said live life normally once I was home just no lifting, but really, there was no normalcy happening for me. I felt like I wanted to jump off the nearest bridge. UGH !!

Last night sleep was much better and when I woke up this morning I feel better too. I can sit up with out feeling pressure and discomfort and when I walk around it's not as hard as it was before. I can still tell pretty quickly if I am standing or walking too much but all in all it's a much better day and to boot it's going to be about 80 degrees out side today.

My plan is to go back to work Wednesday morning so hopefully when I get up tomorrow I will feel 100% again. We'll see..

Chuck asked me the other day if I felt "safer" now with the stitch in, and my answer then was I feel nothing but pain and can't even think about anything else. Now I feel better but I won't feel completely comfortable until my next appt and I see those babies on the screen and know that they are ok. The nurse was suppose to check them before I left the hospital and forgot and to be honest I was still feeling a bit numb, tired and achy that I forgot until we got in the car and started driving home or I would of said something. So now it'a a waiting game until I see the doc on May 9th. Then I will feel better... I know one day at a time right..

2 comments:

Shannon said...

New here. I just wanted to say I'll be thinking of you guys and following your blog. I have b/g twins. 1 year old as of 4/15.
Shannon in Austin

23wktwinsmommy said...

Hi there. I decided to start reading this blog too! I am so excited/nervous/anxious for you. Like you said, after our experiences pregnancy is no longer what we thought it would be before we delivered early. I'm happy the cerclage went well. Will you find out the genders?