Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 12, 2007

July 12, 2007

24 Weeks today and all is good..
I was out of work this week for a few reasons. Monday I just couldn't walk very well due to having so many charlie horses in the same leg the previous night that my legs were just so sore. Two days before that it was the opposite leg, so I was in rough shape. Tuesday and Wed i was just exhaused and needed a break. I need some sleep and rest and wasnt going to get it if i went into the office then came home and had Aiden until he goes to bed which is about 10:30pm these days. Today I had my doctors appointment and needed a note for the last 3 days so I couldn't go in today either. ( I know what a shame!) I have to say, being home has been really good. I get to nap for atleast an hour in the middle of the day and sleep a little later in the morning, both help with not feeling like I am about to fall on my face any second.

So i intended to go back to work on Monday after i got a note from the doctor saying it was ok to return. In the mean time I up'd my calcium dose i take daily and that has helped with the charlie horses I was getting. I learned that around this time it's common to get them, more so if your carrying multiples, from the babies taking so much calcium from you. It took a few days to kick in but I think it's helping. So far I've gotten only one in the past two days ( I up'd the calcium on Saturday) and it wasn't a really bad one like the ones I was getting.

My appt went well. The doc checked my cervix and it looks great. The stitches are holding and no shortening so far. The babies had perfect strong heart beats, Morgan was 150 and Riley was 148, and Morgan is weighing in at 1 pound 6 ounces and Riley 1 pound 7 ounces.

With all that said, the doc has pulled me from work. With my permission, she took me out for bed rest due to being a high risk pregnancy. Although nothing is wrong with me or the babies, she feels the same as I do, and so many others, that the less stress, more sleep and more rest I can get, the better for me and the babies and for this pregnancy to go to the full 37 weeks we are planning. FINE WITH ME!! No stress of dealing with office politics, or customer service nightmares. No forcing myself to stay awake when I am exhausted at noon. Now I can take a nap since Chuck is home everyday til 3pm before he goes to work.

I see the doctor again in two weeks, then the midwife, then the doc, then the midwife again. So I am booked for appts every two weeks for the next 8 weeks which will bring me to 32 weeks. After that I will start going every weeks until delivery at 37. It's sounds so close and at the same time 3 months seems so far away. I'm still processing that I will now be a mother of 3. How crazy is that?!? It still just blows my mind.

In the mean time I will take it one day at a time, knowing that every day these babies stay in there, is one day stronger they become. Aiden was born on a Sunday at 24 weeks and 3 days. Ironiclly this Sunday i will be 24 weeks and 3 days. WEIRD!!! But this time my 24 week appt went awesome.. I can't be more pleased. The babies are active, healthy and strong and everything seems to be going very well.. Positive thinking will get us there I just know it.. :)

1 comment:

23wktwinsmommy said...

I'm so happy things are going well! Stay pregnant! ;) I hope to have more one day and I can only hope things go well too! Hang in there with the tummy aches and charlie horses!