Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 21, 2007

September 21, 2007

SO here is the update..
I was suppose to have a NST today (Non-Stress Test) and got to my appointment, went in, got hooked up, heard both babies for about 2.2 seconds and then nothing. The nurse came over and searched and was like, hmm this is weird, we know they're there. They are moving but we can't hear them. Then my doc just happened to walk in and said well i was going to do an ultrasound anyway so we will see what they're doing in there.

I went in the ultrasound room and all was fine. Both babies had strong heart beats. However Riley flipped AGAIN and is now head up and feet down (breach). This child can't figure out what way she wants to be (and she is the bigger one). The doc said she seems to have more room cause she has poor little Morgan stuffed down low on my right side (head down feet up).

Here is the kicker. We don't have to worry about twin to twin transfusion because they have there own placentas. With that said there is a BIG weight discrepancy between my little ones this time. Morgan who has always been a bit smaller and was 3 lbs four weeks ago is now measuring 3 lbs 14 oz. Riley, who has always been a bit bigger, and who measured 3 lbs 3 oz four weeks ago is now measuring a whopping 5 lbs 6 oz.

Now I know the ultrasound is not 100%, it is usually off a little either direction (and the internet said it can be off as much as a pound in some cases) but a pound and 8 oz difference is a lot..

Since the babies sounded good and still looked fine and everything else is going well I didn't have to do the NST today after all. However because of the size difference, I am having two NST's next week and scheduled for two the following week. I will be going in on Wednesdays and Fridays to have them done. If the babies are not is distress at all them we go on with the plan of a c-section on Oct 11th. If there are signs of something else then we will change those plans, if if need be deliver them a wee bit earlier then planned.

The doc did say though that it is possible I could go into labor before then and if so not to stress over it, that they might end up in the NICU but nothing like what Aiden went through, which i knew anyways.

We also talked about keeping my cerclage in. That since it has held, I am having a c-section, it doesn't bother me since I can't feel it, and I'm not getting my tubes tied and know I want more kids in the future, if we keep it in, i can still get pregnant again and still have my monthy cycles (which I don't miss) however when we choose to have another baby, I won't have to go for the cerclage procedure again cause I will already have on in place.

I didn't even know this was a possibility. Who would of thought that it could stay in and last 5 years or forever for that matter until taken out. BUT, it works for me if I don't have to go through that pain again anytime soon.

So that is about it.. The girls are still baking, Riley is a piglet and growing very well, Morgan is my picky eater and watching her weight already (ha ha) and we will check on them next week and see whats what..

I've also posted some new belly pics.. ( I look like crap since it's about 1am or later and i was about to go to bed) but we can't always look beautiful..

Picture from my Shower 9/8/07 (32 weeks)Taken yesterday (34 weeks) and my belly looks square?!?


No comments: