Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 24, 2007

September 24, 2007

I'm still in the hospital and will be until Wednesday so I can update but can't post pics until I get home, since the only computer I have is my father in laws laptop.

I am doing fine and have been keeping up with my pain meds so things are not too bad. The first night was crazy. I had to wait 18 hrs for the morphine in the spinal to be out of my system completely before I could get any pain meds and as you may know just cause it is in your system doesn't mean it is working to kill the pain anymore. FYI... it wasn't, so due to the soreness and the SUPER itch from the spinal wearing off I didn't sleep for the first night. I was awake for 42 hrs before I actually slept.

But on to the good stuff.. The girls...

Morgan... She is my little one, 3 lbs 14 oz and 16 inches long. She is doing fabulous, needed no O2 and is already eating (and has tried a bottle twice as of last night, once with me and once witht he nurse). She too half of her little feed by bottle befor she pooped out. Awwwww

Riley... She is my chubba, 4 lbs 7 oz and 17 inches long. She went onto CPAP for less then 24 hrs due to a bit of fluid inher lungs but is now off and breathing fine on her own. She is also now eating too but as of last night has not tried a bottle yet.

Both babies are past the isolet stage and now being swaddled in there isolets and keeping there temp. Next stage is an open crib (yay)
Both babies also has a round of antibiotics for a precaution. Due to being born early and still considered preemies, they were given the antibiotics just incase they had an infection that caused them to come early. Nothing has grown on the cultures so they are in the clear.

The are expected to be in the NICU anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. However att he rate they are going I don't expect them to be there for 6. They are really doing well and it's completely different then when we had Aiden at 24 weeks.

I can't tell you how happy we both are to see them so healthy, happy and strong. I will post more pics when I am sprung from here so hang tight. And thank you to everyone who has sent us there best wishes...

1 comment:

Sarah Furlough said...

Glad to hear the girls are doing well, they sure are beautiful! I am crossing my fingers tht they will be home in just a couple of weeks. In the meantime, rest as much as possible! You have to recover yourself, you know!

Since you are holed up in the hospital for a little longer, how about more birth details? Did you go into labor, how did the delivery go, and all that good stuff!