Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

September 5, 2007

My appointment today was a quick one. Well the waiting was a while, the midwife was running behind about 30 so minutes, but the appointment itself was fast as they usually are. They checked my weight and BP, then the midwife came in, asked if I had any question, how things are going and all that jazz. Then she checked the heart beats. Well I almost had a panic attack when she was having a hard time finding Riley's. Ok this baby is about 4 pounds, how can ya not find it. It's bad enough she makes me worry cause she doesn't move no where near as much as Morgan and NOW we can't get the heart beat.. Yeah I wanted to freak. So she moved on to Morgan and wham there she was beating away at 150 and moving around.. SO back to Riley we went (the bigger twin at that) and still having a hard time. She said she might have to get the ultrasound machine to fine her but kept trying for a bit longer and there she was up high in my belly and beating at 130. She is always lower then Morgan usually by 10 beats or so, today she was off by 20 but still in the "normal" range. So my panic attack was over and I left with a smile but damn, those few minutes (about 4) seemed like forever!!!
I also asked since she her heart beat was so high in my belly which means that is where her chest is, did she flip again and is now breach like before. The midwife said it's possible but we won't know til they do another ultrasound and well that is in 2 weeks at my next appointment with the doctor so by then she could be any where. My daughter the acrobat!
That was about it.. I go back in 2 weeks and see the doc, no weekly appointments yet. At the next one she will do an ultrasound as I said and check there measurements again and there weights. By then they should be about 4 plus pounds each.. CRAZY TALK!! and then I'll only have 3 weeks to go from that appointment.. Even more crazy!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I would have freaked out too, glad everything turned out a-okay!! I have a Riley too. She was Baby "B" and was my smaller baby. I was told at my 34 week ultrasound she weighed right around 5pounds maybe a little more and yet when she was born nearly a week and a half later she only weight 4lbs. 12oz. so they could be off on the weights. Reagan Baby "A" weighed 5lbs. 12oz. - they told me she was already over 6 pounds. I think it's tough for them to be real accurate because everything is so cramped in there.

How are you feeling??? Do you know if your girls are identical?

Your almost there...pretty soon you'll be posting pics of your beautiful little girls!!

Rachel