Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 1, 2007

October 1, 2007

Baby Blues, Hormones, Grrrrrrrr...

I didn't get to see my girls today and that just sucks. With Daddy still in and out of work trying to save as many days as he can for when they come home, it leaves us searching for a sitter since I am still not allowed to pick up Aiden due to my C-section. Even if he was home it still leaves us searching for a sitter to go see the girls, which hasn't been as easy as it sounds. So today made the 2nd day (not in a row) that I wasn't able to go in to see, hold and feed them. The first day was a super baby blues day. I broke down in tears when things fell through and I couldn't go in. (I also am not allowed to drive yet which is a real pain in the butt cause I can't go in alone and leave Aiden with Chuck nor can I go here or there to just get out and do stuff.
Today "we" had a sitter to be with us while Daddy was at work, and tomorrow and wed he is home cause no one is around to help out. I also have a ride in to see the girls which I am hoping pans out to be around feeding time since the nurses don't like to take them out of there isolets if its non feeding time.

As for the girls well both were having spells but today is day number two that neither had a single one.. YAY but there still not bottling full feeds and that is a biggie. Morgan is taking usually half of her feed by bottle when they try her, some days less. Riley is only taking about 5 to 7 ml and that is no where close. (A full feed for them is about 45 ml)
Although the nurse today didn't try them all morning and the night nurse tried them at there 8 & 9pm feed (Morgan eats at 12, 4, & 8 and Riley 1, 5, & 9) We are going to ask why they don't attempt to bottle them more then once a day or if that was a "just today thing" I don't see how they are going to get the hang of it, if they don't try as often as possible. The nurse says not to be discouraged and that they will get it eventually however as Chuck says we are not fans of that word. That is what they said about Aiden. He'd get it "eventually" and well 16 months later and he still doesn't have it...
They did however change Riley's feeding times again to 9, 12, 3, & 6 to give her less to digest at a time and help with her spitting up. (She's my spitter) although Morgan can hold her own when she wants too.. We will see if this helps. (Riley will now get 35ml a feed)

Fingers are crossed that they will be home by there 37 week mark or very soon after.. I pray everyday that it's sooner then later.. I know there in a good place and it also gives me a chance to heal but I miss them so much.. Just typing it makes me cry so I am going to stop before Chuck notices and wonders what malfunction I am having now..

4 comments:

Miracles said...

I had the same problem with Olivia and her feeds. Getting to almost a full feed was what was keeping us at the hospital. It got to the point where I demanded the nurses bottle feed her when I'm not there. They rarely ever did. Just too lazy if you ask me.

My advise is to just keep on them. They are great nurses for looking after the babies during the very sick period, but aweful when it comes to having to care for a not so sick baby.

Jennifer said...

Don't feel guilty for missing your girls and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Your girls know you love them and will be there when you can - in the mean time they have great nurses to help them :)

23wktwinsmommy said...

I just came to your site after being so busy with the drama in ours. I am SO happy for you that the girls are healthy and doing well. They are gorgeous! In time you know they will get the hang of everything, but it must be a terrible feeling to be away from them now. Best of luck and I look forward to your next post!

Rachel said...

I understand. My girls were in the NICU and it's hard, you want to be with them every second. Try to rest up I know that is easier said than done. You are in my prayers.

Rachel