Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

October 9, 2007

One full bottle, two full bottles, three full bottles then four... LOL
Yes Morgan took 4 in a row, actually 6 in a row if you count before midnight (and I do) YAY. This was the other day and then she got her first tubby (by me) yesterday and I feed her again and she took almost a full bottle. I think the bath took a lot of energy out of her, the poor little thing.
SHe is doing so well that they now changed her feeding schedule to a PRN (as needed) so she can sleep and wake when she wants to and eat what she can. If she sleeps for 5 hours and then decided not to eat they will gavage feed her and if she does this too often she will return to an every 4 hr schedule. However if she does well with it then we are looking at her coming home Friday.. That is in 3 more days. I am so excited to have her coming home. I sware now I can think of 1000 things I need to do, like straighten out the damn bedroom.. UGH

As for Miss Riley, well she took a full bottle for me last night at 9, then fell fast asleep. After that she took more then half from all her bottles which is good for her since she was only taking 5cc's a few days ago. We think she'll be home not long after Morgan. A week or less, but it's going to be weird having one there and one here. Visiting the NICU might become a bit more complicated, but then again daddy will be home from work so maybe it will work out just fine.

As for me well last Friday i started taking Reglan to help with my milk since I am not a very good dairy cow after all. After 4 days on it I stopped taking it last night before I jumped out of my own skin. When you start taking it, the 1st day you take 1 pill the 2nd two and the 3rd to the 12th day you take three, then day 13 you take 2 and day 14 you take 1. Well i made it to day 4, and my second dose and decided NO MORE. I was feeling very weird, restless, anxious, and had insomnia really bad. No matter what I did i couldn't get comfy and felt like I had restless leg syndrom all over my body. It was terrible. Then I was driving last night and was really short of breath, I was jittery, and my vision was blurry to the point I had to pull over. I was getting a head ache (which I still have) and just feeling out of sorts. It obviously had to be the meds so I looked it up on the internet. YUP it was the meds.. I am not one who usually gets any of those random side effects drugs say you can get, but this time I had a ton of them. I skipped the 3rd dos last night and haven't take it again. I still have the head ache like I said but the jitters have gone away for the most part and my vision has improved. I don't feel like I am going to drive off the road now or tear my skin off.

All I can say is it was all for a good cause and I did everything I could to help myself get milk for my girls but I am not going to sacrifice my health for something I am not sure will even work. And I don't think I could of taken another day feeling like I was feeling any way.
It may work for some people and god bless them if it does but if anyone has taken it and had the reaction I have had then I am sure you will agree with me. No Reglan for this chick!!

I look at it this way.. My girls have been getting my mil even if it's not a lot. They get at least 2 bottles a day each of my milk and the rest formula. That isn't so bad. As long as I can keep it up I will and they say the first few days are the absolute best and the first 3 weeks are the most important for them to get all the good stuff.

So to all you bad dairy cows out there, you can add another member. To all you over abundent cows.. Pphhhhffffttttt is what I say to you.. lol :oP

I am about to pack up Aiden and bring him to his auntie's then go in to see the girls so if anything changes I will let ya know..

2 comments:

Sarah Furlough said...

YAY! It won't be long until they are both home, all snuggled up together in their crib!

I am keeping you all in my prayers, and I can't wait to read that they are home.

Hang in there, Jess. You are doing a GREAT job!

Jennifer said...

Breastfeeding isn't easy - and that goes doubly so for twins (no pun intended).

Don't feel bad - Reglan is nasty stuff!

Breastfeeding is the one 'thing' that upset me the most about having a preemie - I tried for 5 months to get my daughter to latch... so I pumped for 13 months... and it wasn't fun.